Here's a picture of the back of the case with finish
applied. Mahogany darkens with age. Within a fairly
short time, the frame will be the same color as the
panels. I'll put the back in a safe place until the
rest of the case is finished.
I decided to work on the base next. The cabinet is
going to have doors on it, so the base has to be
made to take that into account - mainly by having
the front of the base protrude far enough so that
when the doors are closed, the base is even all
The doors will be 3/4" thick so I have to move the
front of the base out 3/4". I did that by gluing a
piece of 3/4" stock to the material I'm using for
the base. Actually, I would have only had to do this
for the front piece but decided to do it for the
sides, also. This gives more support for the case.
I'm putting a profile on the top of the base boards.
This is what the profile looks like.