Next I worked on preparing for the glue up. Since
there are three doors that make up this glue-up, I
need to construct something that will hold the doors
in place during the press.
I start by cutting a
piece of plywood larger than the three doors.
Since this will go into a vacuum bag, I like to
smooth any sharp edges.
Then, I covered the plywood with plastic. The reason
for doing that is to make sure any glue that
squeezes out does not glue a door to the plywood.
Viewing the plywood from the back.
Here are the doors laid on the plywood.
I need to space the doors the same as they were on
the cabinet, and make sure they don't get glued
together by any squeeze out. To do this, I put blue
tape on the faces, and build it up to get the same
I made some blocks, 1/2" thick, to use to hold the
doors in place. It's important that the blocks be
thinner than the doors so that there's no risk of
them holding the caul off the doors.